Sunday, August 27, 2006

Why he doesn't fancy you

I was traveling home the other night - it was late and I had just cleaned up in a game of poker. As I was thinking about what to spend my winnings on, I overheard two girls, probably in their early twenties discussing their evening.

"I should never have gone tonight. I knew that party would be crap", says the blonde girl. "I just don't get it - why didn't he talk to me, eh Vick?"

"Maybe he was just a bit busy darlin'," says her friend, "there were loads of people there."

"But he could've just said hello. I mean, it aint hard saying hello is it? Oh..." Cue tears and melodramatic wailing.

"Come on Nat, don't cry. He's not worth it."

"But why don't he fancy me Vick? I don't get it. Aren't I good enough? He doesn't even look at me - why don't he fancy me?"

"I dunno Nat, but it probably didn't help when you threw up on him darlin'."

What? You puked on him?! Hello, no wonder he didn't fancy you darlin!

"Yeah, you're probably right" says the blonde girl, as she tries to stifle her sobbing.

Yes, your friend is probably right.

Grim.

No comments: