Sunday, August 13, 2006

What a picture



Yesterday was a grey and wet day in London and waiting for the bus in the rain left a heaviness in my heart. To add to my dismay, along came the 67 before the 149. What to do? I love the 149 but I hate the rain. So, with a sigh, I decided to board the 67 and get home as fast as I could. Wearily, I climbed the stairs in the hope that the driving seat would be empty and help raise my spirits. Alas, no. I took my seat about half way along the bus when lo an behold, I spied an odd looking pair in front of me. "Surely not?!" I thought. But here is the evidence (see above). It was Gilbert and George in trademark tweed. I had heard a rumour that the couple make a regular trip to a kebab shop in Dalston but thought that it was artistic bullshit. But no - the pair got off the bus at said kebab shop stop and disappeared into the Dalston gloom. And to think I would have missed it if I'd waited for my beloved 149. I went home smiling, inspite of the rain.

No comments: