Saturday, May 06, 2006

"Excuse me, you've got something on your chin"

A guy got on the bus the other day. He had on a crisp looking pin-stripe suit - the kind that looked expensive. He had expensive looking glasses too and is hair was slicked back - in a greasy fashion. As he climbed aboard he had just put the remnants of what looked like his dinner into his mouth - a burger of some kind. He stood right in front of me and glanced in my direction. To my horror, he had mayo all over his chin - so much so that as random people passed him to get off the bus they were actually laughing out loud to themselves or friends. I felt a bit sorry for him but he also looked like a bit of a twat - I can't quite explain why - I think it was the way he yawned without putting his hand over his mouth thus revealing the contents of his mouth. He looked completely ridiculous and it did liven up an otherwise slow journey - but the question is, should I have pointed out his mayonnaise faux-pas or was I right in continuing to let him look like a greedy five-year old, thus carrying on the grotesque entertainment? Answers on a postcard/blog please.....

1 comment:

Observant Commuter said...

Tut, some people...